Accountability Plus, Inc. is a training and development firm based in Gainesville, GA that is dedicated to successfully attaining its mission of:
“Helping Eliminate Blame By Enhancing Personal Accountability.”
Being accountable does not mean you will hit every objective all the time. It means, if you fall short of your objective, being willing to say I fell short. This is why and this is what I will change to insure it does not happen again.
Have you ever heard excuse statements like this?
The reason I did not make the objective was:
- The economy is down.
- I lost a major account.
- I had no support.
- Accounting or shipping made a mistake and cost me business.
- We made a change and I did not know how to handle it.
- I did not have enough training.
- My people just don’t understand.
- Our pricing is higher than the competition.
- The objective was unrealistic.
Would it not be better to hear?
- The economy is down and this is what I am going to do differently to combat it.
- I lost a major account, this is the reason and what I am going to do differently so it does not happen again.
- I had no support, so I have decided to talk more openly to my manager to establish a better support system.
- Accounting or shipping made a mistake, and I have spoken with them to insure it does not happen again.
- We made a change and I did not know how to handle it. I have since sought the advice of my manager and now better understand how to make the change.
- I did not have enough training, so I decided to get some books and other materials to help myself grow.
- My people just don’t understand, so I have scheduled a series of meetings or conference calls to insure their understanding.
- Our price is higher than the competition so I decided to attend a course on value-added selling.
- The felt the objective was unrealistic but I learned that to obtain any objective requires a well-developed plan that I now have.
Would you rather hear excuses or solutions? Solutions, of course, but we live in an excuse filled society. It seems it is ok to fail as long as you have a good excuse.
Accountability Plus, Inc. helps with various training systems, each with a tone of Personal Accountability. We can help you by:
- Help you select the correct training system for you.
- Insure your facilitators are skilled in their use.
- Conducting internal workshops for you.
- Providing keynote speakers.